Wastebuster is an exciting cross-curricular environmental education programme for primary schools, designed to support waste reduction in school.
- Step-by-step guides and support for reducing waste in school
- Exciting cross-curricular KS2 and KS1 lessons plans and activities
- Wastebuster films on a wide range of waste and recycling topics
- Database containing a wide range of teacher-rated environmental education resources
- Interactive assemblies to promote waste reduction and recycling
- Kids club for eco-teams bursting with learning tools, seasonal activities and games
- Helpful green news and information on eco-funds and opportunities
- Case study tool (eco-team diary)
- Downloadable campaign toolkits for Green Weeks
- Activities to support work towards all levels of Eco-Schools award
- School Council and Eco-Team diary and activities
- Interactive Year Planner containing key eco dates linked to recommended resources
- Case study database of local keen, green schools to share ideas and best practice
- Workshops (for schools in participating local authorities)
- Recycling Reward schemes to raise funds for your school
~ ?~ How to get Wastebuster membership for your school
Annual membership to Wastebuster is £150. However, all schools in the UK are eligible for free membership if they are participating in any Wastebuster Recycling Reward scheme.
Schools are also eligible for free membership with additional service features if they are in a participating local authority (see the list of participating authorities below).
Wastebuster also offer a free family/ child membership to help families teach children how to care for the environment.
Wastebuster Recycling Rewards Membership
Annual Wastebuster membership is free to schools participating in any Wastebuster Recycling Reward scheme.
The schemes are designed to enable schools to; inspire children to care for the environment, recycle to raise funds (or access free education resources), to divert waste from landfill, and teach the value of waste as a resource.
The schemes also enable schools to fundraise for their chosen charities to teach children the value of philanthropy.
Current Wastebuster Recycling Reward schemes;
- Sport into Schools - Wastebuster are proud to have worked with London 2012 to enable
schools to exchange unwanted textiles for new sports kit and equipment. The project is designed to increase access and participation in sport for children and young people through care for the environment. Sport into Schools will continue in 2014 to help ensure a lasting legacy for London 2012. Find out more >>
- Science into Schools - In this exciting new programme Wastebuster are working with the
British Science Association and EDF Energy to give schools an opportunity to exchange unwanted textiles for free science resources and equipment. The project aims to combine environmental education about waste and climate science, with a way to get students excited about science and engineering. Find out more >>
Wastebuster Local Authority Membership
Wastebuster work in partnership with local authorities to provide Wastebuster membership to all schools in an authority area.
Additional (optional) services are available in participating authorities - from additional education tools and resources, events, campaign support and localised news and information - to waste officer support resources, dedicated school liaison officers and volunteer training.
The service is designed to support in-school waste reduction, increase recycling rates and result in quantifyable social, economic and environmental benefits.
Participating local authorities for the 2013/14 academic year;
- West Sussex County Council
- Adur and Worthing District Council
- Arun District Council
- Chichester District Coucil
- Crawley Borough Council
- Horsham District Council
- Mid Sussex District Council
- London Borough of Richmond Upon Thames
- Warwickshire County Council
- London Borough of Brent
- London Borough of Ealing
- Harrow Council
- London Borough of Hillingdon
- London Borough of Hounslow
Wastebuster local authority contracts can be partly or fully subsidised by waste management companies, compliance schemes and recycling companies.
Please contact Wastebuster for further details: email@example.com or +44 (0)1483 893550.